Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kole Perry Gillies

  Kole Perry Gillies
March 1st, 2011
6:45 pm
8 lbs 6 oz
20 1/2 inches

On Tuesday, March 1st I had my last doctor's appointment, i was just 4 days away from my due date and ready to have a baby!  I was dilated to a at 1 so he sent me up to the hospital to induce me. We checked into the hospital at 10:30 am. I got into my room and hooked up to my Pitocin(used to induce labor), within minutes of being hooked up my contractions started. They started at about 2 to 3 minutes apart and only got closer from there. At noon i asked for my Epidural, right after that was done my Dr showed up to break my water.  When he broke my water i was dilated to a 4. Then it was the waiting game, we had lots of visitors, it was nice to have family around except the worst part was Cooper wasn't allowed in the hospital.  They put the hospital on a "lockdown" because of flu season so no one under the age of 14 (not even my own child) was allowed in.  They wouldn't even let him be in the waiting room.  It was really hard, I was excited for Cooper to be the first to hold Kole and then they told me he couldn't see him until i was checked out. It broke my heart. But Cooper was in great hands, my parents had a sleepover with him and spoiled him rotten.

We waited until 6:30 and then I was finally dilated to a 10 and it was time! They paged my Dr and got me ready to push. I started pushing at 6:43 and baby Kole was born at 6:45. Thats right.. 2 minutes! I pushed for 2 minutes and he was here! I could not have been luckier. I had such an easy labor and delivery. Kole was absolutly perfect. We didn't have a name for him until after he was born, once we saw him we knew it was Kole.  He was healthy and beautiful. His lungs started retracting so he was put on oxygen for a few minutes then he was fine!

Family came in for a few minutes to get a peek, then we were moved to recovery room.  Once in recovery we got to bath and feed him.  Then the sleepless night began, I don't know if it was just the excitement of Kole being here or what it was but I could not get to sleep that night, and the couch for Trevor was about hard as a rock so he didn't sleep much either.  Kole did great through the night, he slept a ton!

The next morning family started coming to see Kole, everyone was so excited! Dr. Noorda came in that day to check on me and he gave me the ok to go home when I wanted, We wanted to see Cooper so bad that we left the second we could.  When we got home I told Cooper I had a surprise for him, he looked in the car seat at Kole and said "What is that?" I told him it was his baby brother and he said "I wanna hold him".. he hasn't stopped wanting to hold him since.  Cooper is such a good brother, he is so hands on with him.  He helps with everything, we couldn't be more lucky. They are best friends already! :) Kole Perry is named after a great man.. my dad! :) Kole is growing like crazy and we are loving every minute of it!





























5 comments:

  1. That does sound like a nice and easy labor! Mine was not as smooth, but hopefully it will be next time!

    Kole is beautiful! You guys did so well! Congrats again Meg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is so fun! I want to meet little Kole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these beautiful photos, Meg. Love ya lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! He is such a cute baby

    ReplyDelete